As a campus minister, I’m pleased to see one of my tribe move to the next square in the four-step movement to official sainthood. The Boston Globe link mentions the deacon who “prayed” to Cardinal Newman. I hope that could have been worded better by the journalist. I’m sure the deacon healed of his back ailment (I can relate) was asking for intercession.
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- DPPL 238: The Council of Nicea Addressed Sacred Images
- Mutuae Relationes 47: Information
- DPPL 237: Practices With Relics
- Lenten Reflections: The Bookends of Sleep
- Mutuae Relationes 46: Bishop as Supervisor and Mediator
- DPPL 236: Defining A Relic
- Mutuae Relationes 45: Cordial Respect
- DPPL 235: The Litany of the Saints
- No Suffocation
- Mutuae Relationes 44: A Local Bishop’s Authority
Liam on DPPL 238: The Council of Nicea… FrMichael on Mutuae Relationes 47: Inf… Melody on Lenten Reflections: The Booken… Liam on Mutuae Relationes 46: Bishop a… Liam on DPPL 236: Defining A Reli… Dick Martin on Christian Looks at Scripture a… Dick Martin on Jesus: Door, Gate, and Way… charlesincenca on Christian Looks at Scripture a… Dick Martin on Christian Looks at Scripture a… Todd on DPPL 236: Defining A Reli…
- 4,519,471 hits