about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve a parish in music ministry.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- The Warm-Up
- Laudato Si 164: International Dialogue
- Acclamation or Call/Response?
- Laudato Si 163: Chapter Five Begins
- The Coming Mercy
- Laudato Si 162: Decline in Ethics and Culture
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Psalm 146:5-10
- Laudato Si 161: Taking Doomsday Seriously
- Laudato Si 160: Questions
- Laudato Si 159: Justice Between The Generations
Liam on The Warm-Up Liam on The Warm-Up Liam on Acclamation or Call/Response? Jim McCrea on Acclamation or Call/Response? Mary on The Coming Mercy Atheist Max on Laudato Si 162: Decline in Eth… Reconciliation Lecti… on Reconciliation Lectionary: Mat… Reconciliation Lecti… on Reconciliation Lectionary: 1 J… Dick Martin on For All Atheist Max on For All
- 5,770,660 hits
Daily Archives: 13 November 2009
214. The baptismal washing is followed by rites that give expression to the effects of the sacrament just received. The anointing with chrism is a sign of the royal priesthood of the baptized and that they are now numbered in … Continue reading
A last-ditch effort to scuttle the translation is being amassed. Bishop Trautman, sadly, is several years late, I think. It has the whiff of posturing. The curia have recovered translation duties from the bishops. And that, as they say, it … Continue reading
Did you catch yesterday’s first reading at Mass? One of the most poetic offerings in the Lectionary, this litany to Wisdom: In Wisdom is a spirit intelligent, holy, unique, manifold, subtle, agile, clear, unstained, certain, not baneful, loving the good, … Continue reading