Secrecy is entwined with addiction, especially the sex addictions. Secrecy enables people to split their lives, to put the virtuous in one compartment and the shadows and indulgences in another. But secrecy is also entwined with the way the Catholic hierarchy works. It will be an extremely difficult extraction for the Vatican and the bishops. The best thing lay people can do is remain vigilant for their own children and watchful of child-adult interactions in the social groups in which they participate. Abusers can sniff out those less diligent about protection and worm their way in. Watch for the warning signs, and don’t let your ideology blind you to the possibilities.
- Amoris Laetitia 113: How Spouses Speak Of One Another
- Amoris Laetitia 112: On Slander
- Amoris Laetitia 111: Love Bears All Things
- Moving On From Lot’s Wife
- Amoris Laetitia 110: Looking Beyond Our Own Needs
- Amoris Laetitia 109: Love Rejoices With Others
- The Heart of Our Lives
- Amoris Laetitia 108: God’s Forgiveness
- Amoris Laetitia 107: Forgiving Ourselves
- What Is The Mass?
Vatican II pages
deirdre tuohy on Thomas Merton and Islam I… Todd on Moving On From Lot’s… FrMichael on Moving On From Lot’s… Liam on Moving On From Lot’s… Liam on The Heart of Our Lives Liam on What Is The Mass? Liam on What Is The Mass? FrMichael on What Is The Mass? Todd on Wedding Lectionary: 1 John… Sascha on Wedding Lectionary: 1 John…
- 6,821,596 hits