about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve a parish in music ministry.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Open Thread on Favorable Interpretation
- The Arc From Canon Law To Astrophysics
- Cinquant’anni Dopo 19-20: Obedience and Unity
- Laudato Si 77: A Choice To Love
- On My Bookshelf: Divine Renovation
- The Armchair Liturgist: eBooks at Mass
- Cinquant’anni Dopo 17-18: A Mystical Liturgy
- Laudato Si 76: Nature and Creation
- This Side of the Atlantic … I Wish
- The Armchair Liturgist: Scheduling Funerals
- 5,405,867 hits
Daily Archives: 3 January 2010
My favorite sportswriter from my previous city has a good piece up advising us to ditch pro athletes as our idols. Read it and see if you can argue against the conclusion: Let’s hold ourselves to the standards we hold … Continue reading
No gum, cells, or performance choirs. An interesting missive from Archbishop Socrates Villegas of the Philippine see Lingayen-Dagupan included this tidbit as reported in CBCP News: Villegas also reminded his priests on the importance of animating seriously the liturgical singing … Continue reading
Another obligatory holy day bites the dust … in California. For this year, at least. What do you think: good thing, bad thing, or indifferent thing? One of the most memorable Masses I ever celebrated was this holy day at … Continue reading
The question came up on the radio this morning: how are you pronouncing the new year? Two-thousand ten? Twenty-ten?