We’re a day past the midpoint of Lent, but no doubt, many young Catholics are anticipating their first sharing of the Eucharist. This site is collecting stories from First Communions–either the writers or the children of the writer.
- Submit a First Communion story about you or your children by 3/31/10.
- Story must be true and a GOOD memory.
- You must own copyright on any photos you use in your story.
- Voting on stories will run through 4/30/10.
- Voters may vote for more than one story but please only vote for a story once.
- The winners will be announced on 5/03/10.
- The first prize winner will receive a First Communion dress or a $100 gift certificate at Aquinas and More Catholic Goods!
- Two runner-up prizes for $25 gift cards to Aquinas and More Catholic Goods will be awarded as well.
- First Communion dress must be chosen from the selection available on the Aquinas and More website.
Do you think I should submit my story, a rather unorthodox First Communion? My wife and my daughter’s godmother took her shopping for a First Communion dress. They were expecting the usual shopping experience: go to a number of stores, try on a slew of clothing. First store, first dress: Brit said, ” I want that one.” My girl. My kind of shopper.