about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- DPPL 235: The Litany of the Saints
- No Suffocation
- Mutuae Relationes 44: A Local Bishop’s Authority
- DPPL 234: Celebration of the Eucharist
- On My Bookshelf: A Natural History of the Piano
- Mutuae Relationes 43: Too Tolerant?
- DPPL 233: Problems With A Saint’s Day
- Sex, Gender, and Such
- Mutuae Relationes 41-42: Innovations and Experiments
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Nehemiah 9:1-20, A Psalm of Memory
- 4,506,537 hits
Daily Archives: 30 May 2010
Let’s take a pause today in the OCF series. I’d like to call your attention to Andrew Hamilton’s opinion piece for Australia’s Jesuit periodical Eureka Street. A good essay on the contrasting approaches to modern funerals: do we come to … Continue reading
I noted that women who have had sexual relationships with priests have asked for a relaxation of mandatory clerical celibacy. The communication vehicle: an open but mostly anonymous letter to the pope. To begin with, I think anyone has the … Continue reading