about this site
Catholic Sensibility is a personal blog by a Catholic layperson with comments and occasional other writings by Catholics and non-Catholics. We make no particular claims to have the completeness of a Roman Catholic expression of Christianity. It contains opinion, interpretation, and personal musings. That’s it. Nothing official or authoritatively connected to the Magisterium.
- Introducing the Psalm. Or Not.
- Diocese of Rome Synod Address, Part 17, The Dialogue of Salvation
- Via Pulchritudinis: The Beauty of Christ, Pastoral Proposals, Part 2
- Reconciliatio et Paenitentia 10: God’s Initiative and the Church’s Ministry
- Creepy Confessions
- Diocese of Rome Synod Address, Part 16, One Great People
- Via Pulchritudinis: The Beauty of Christ, Pastoral Proposals, Part 1
- Reconciliatio et Paenitentia 9: The Reconciled Church, Part 3
- What Next?
- Scripture for the Sick or Dying: Psalm 109
Vatican II pages
- 10,758,361 hits
Daily Archives: 25 June 2010
But which one? Last Friday friends had us out to their farm for some potluck salads and fish tacos. Between us and their other friends, we had four telescopes out behind the silos and the potato garden. The weather had … Continue reading
I’ve blogged about my parish’s ambry before, but I don’t think I’ve ever show you the close-ups of the oil vessels. They look rather smudgy. I took these images from my cell phone early in Holy Week before they were … Continue reading
Can Apple provide that with gold plating? Word is that when the new translation is out there will no longer be “sacramentaries” and “lectionaries”—just the Roman Missal. I thought that the convenience of separate books would win out, but perhaps … Continue reading
The young miss and I mostly dozed through this morning matchup in the World Cup. It’s been cool to have an offspring who likes sports. When we were at the doc yesterday, we excused ourselves to the car to pick … Continue reading