about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- DPPL 239: Venerating Images And Guidance
- Lenten Reflections: Praying One Word At A Time
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Genesis 45:1-8
- Mutuae Relationes 48: Exchanging Information
- DPPL 238: The Council of Nicea Addressed Sacred Images
- Mutuae Relationes 47: Information
- DPPL 237: Practices With Relics
- Lenten Reflections: The Bookends of Sleep
- Mutuae Relationes 46: Bishop as Supervisor and Mediator
- DPPL 236: Defining A Relic
John Donaghy on Lenten Reflections: Praying On… Liam on DPPL 239: Venerating Images An… Todd on DPPL 238: The Council of Nicea… Liam on DPPL 238: The Council of Nicea… FrMichael on Mutuae Relationes 47: Inf… Melody on Lenten Reflections: The Booken… Liam on Mutuae Relationes 46: Bishop a… Liam on DPPL 236: Defining A Reli… Dick Martin on Christian Looks at Scripture a… Dick Martin on Jesus: Door, Gate, and Way…
- 4,524,855 hits
Daily Archives: 28 September 2010
Pope Benedict responds to a question on his recent trip. NCReg gives a translation: Our goals should not be more power and more people, but instead to be at the service of Another – to be servants. But good servants … Continue reading
Will our cell phones and computers be safe? Vatican astronomer Guy Consolmagno on the solar maximum and a potential threat to wireless technology. Nice seven-minute feature from Vatican Radio–worth a listen, despite a cutoff before the end of the piece.
So the president is actually a secret Catholic instead of a Muslim. Who knew?