about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve a parish in music ministry.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- The Warm-Up
- Laudato Si 164: International Dialogue
- Acclamation or Call/Response?
- Laudato Si 163: Chapter Five Begins
- The Coming Mercy
- Laudato Si 162: Decline in Ethics and Culture
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Psalm 146:5-10
- Laudato Si 161: Taking Doomsday Seriously
- Laudato Si 160: Questions
- Laudato Si 159: Justice Between The Generations
Liam on The Warm-Up Liam on The Warm-Up Liam on Acclamation or Call/Response? Jim McCrea on Acclamation or Call/Response? Mary on The Coming Mercy Atheist Max on Laudato Si 162: Decline in Eth… Reconciliation Lecti… on Reconciliation Lectionary: Mat… Reconciliation Lecti… on Reconciliation Lectionary: 1 J… Dick Martin on For All Atheist Max on For All
- 5,770,503 hits
Daily Archives: 22 January 2011
Catholic activists play a part in ruining the American death row parade. The Rome-based Community of Sant’Egidio had been engaged in discussions with Hospira’s Italian subsidiary, Hospira SL, which led to meetings with the Foreign Affairs minister, Franco Frattini, and … Continue reading
411. The Christian faithful are unequivocally confronted by the mystery of life and death when they are faced with the presence of the body of one who had died. Moreover, the body which lies in death naturally recalls the personal … Continue reading
Jimmy Mac alerted me to the posting of Jeff Ostrowski’s Gloria on the America blog. It’s a misconception that you have to produce a piece of music exactly the way it’s been recorded. I always look at the melody of … Continue reading
(This is Neil) Day 5 Breaking the Bread in Hope Readings Exodus 16:13b-21a It is bread the Lord has given you to eat Psalm 116:12-14, 16-18 I will offer to you a thanksgiving sacrifice 1 Corinthians 11:17-18, 23-26 Do this … Continue reading