about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Humanae Vitae 13: Faithfulness to God’s Design
- Misericordiae Vultus 10: The Foundation of the Church’s Life
- DPPL 286c: The Penitential Dimension of Pilgrimage
- Diagnosing the Wrong
- Misericordiae Vultus 9d: Summarizing the Gospel of Mercy
- DPPL 286b: Pilgrimage and Exodus
- Humanae Vitae 12: Union and Procreation
- Misericordiae Vultus 9bc: Forgiveness in Matthew’s Gospel
- DPPL 286a: Eschatology of Pilgrimage
Disciple on Humanae Vitae 1: Introduc… Liam on Humanae Vitae 13: Faithfulness… FrMichael on Humanae Vitae 13: Faithfulness… Melody on Diagnosing the Wrong Chris on Humanae Vitae 12: Union and… Chris on Humanae Vitae 11: Observing th… Liam on Diagnosing the Wrong FrMichael on Humanae Vitae 12: Union and… FrMichael on Humanae Vitae 11: Observing th… Chris on Humanae Vitae 12: Union and…
- 4,800,481 hits
Monthly Archives: February 2011
USCCB Publishing wants to unload MR3’s for 25% off. Get ’em while they’re hot cheap. My priests prefer the chapel edition; they both have good eyesight and find the full size editions a little clumsy. What about you?
Detecting natural satellites of Jupiter is darned difficult. The planet is bright. The satellites are small and dim. Most of Jupiter’s moons orbit in irregular paths, nudged by the sun. Some even orbit backwards. If you blinked, you might lose … Continue reading
Under a Chapter II subheading, “Aids to the Proper Celebration of the Liturgy of the Word,” we have three numbered sections devoted to “the Place for the Proclamation of the Word of God.” 32. There must be a place in … Continue reading
The prayers of the faithful seem to be in that transitional stage between the Word and the Eucharist, but the GILM places them with the Word of God, and here’s why: 30. In the light of God’s word and in … Continue reading
Are we in for a wild ride in 2012. dotCommonweal on Newt Gingrich’s History of Opportunism. Or does the ex-Speaker have a thing for the opportunism of the present? Poland was buried by godless secularism in 1979, only to be … Continue reading
29. The symbol, creed or profession of faith, said when the rubrics require, has as its purpose in the celebration of Mass that the assembled congregation may respond and give assent to the word of God heard in the readings … Continue reading