about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve a parish in music ministry.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Cinquant’anni Dopo 19-20: Obedience and Unity
- Laudato Si 77: A Choice To Love
- On My Bookshelf: Divine Renovation
- The Armchair Liturgist: eBooks at Mass
- Cinquant’anni Dopo 17-18: A Mystical Liturgy
- Laudato Si 76: Nature and Creation
- This Side of the Atlantic … I Wish
- The Armchair Liturgist: Scheduling Funerals
- Cinquant’anni Dopo 16: Proper Attire
- Laudato Si 75: Proper Places for God and People
- 5,403,444 hits
Daily Archives: 3 February 2011
… or GILM for short. You can find the whole document online in a few places, including here. The outline is as follows: Preamble Chapter I: General Principles for the Liturgical Celebration 1. Certain Preliminaries a) The Importance of the … Continue reading
You might think that there were a lot of additional texts for these sections. But they cover about a page and a half. First an instruction for the Funeral Liturgy: 432. When the Funeral Liturgy is celebrated in the presence … Continue reading
The movement of clouds is so beautiful from above. What’s underneath them, much less so, from the view on the ground.
1235: the number of new candidate planets uncovered by the Kepler Observatory which has a bead on over a hundred thousand stars between the constellations Lyra and Cygnus. A nice summary on the Universe Today blog, with two cautions: The … Continue reading