about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Misericordiae Vultus 17ab: Lent in a Jubilee of Mercy
- Leisure, A Good Form of Penance?
- PS 5: Purpose of Paschale Solemnitatis
- Bitter But Necessary?
- What Constitutes Gossip?
- Humanae Vitae 18: Concern of the Church
- Easter Morning
- Misericordiae Vultus 16: The Isaian Mission of Jesus
- PS 3-4: Challenges for Paschal Observances
- Misericordiae Vultus 15c: Inescapable Mercy
- 4,841,205 hits
Daily Archives: 7 March 2011
Note to Archbishop Dolan from us married couples: refocus the defense. The USCCB release got picked up by Zenit. Marriage needs positive reinforcement, and mainly from other married couples. That’s not to say that the bishops and clergy don’t have … Continue reading
Artist Jeremy Rudd delivered our new processional crucifix yesterday before 10:30 Mass. You can access last week’s post here, including the post-homily blessing. We have a gallery of images from the liturgy as well as of the cross on our parish … Continue reading
45. In the liturgy of the word, the congregation of Christ’s faithful even today receives from God the word of his covenant through the faith that comes by hearing, and must respond to that word in faith, so that they … Continue reading
If an entire episcopal conference ever thought about resigning, maybe the Irish prelates might consider it today. A 70-comment plus thread on PrayTell veers into the Gloria. A group of priests calls for a suspension of MR3 implementation. And the … Continue reading