about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Humanae Vitae 27: To Doctors and Nurses
- Too Strict?
- PS 30: Alternatives to the Big Procession
- Not Disciples, But …
- Petitioning God
- Trading Control Panel for Shepherd’s Staff
- Not So Alien
- PS 29: The Passion Sunday Procession
- On My Bookshelf: The Housekeeper and the Professor
- Humanae Vitae 26: Family Apostolate
- 4,920,765 hits
Daily Archives: 9 March 2011
Peter Chrysologus has an excellent thought as we commence our Lent: Fasting is the soul of prayer, mercy is the lifeblood of fasting. If we have not all three together, we have nothing. Have a happy and joyful beginning to … Continue reading
48. The intimate connection between the liturgy of the word and the liturgy of the Eucharist in the Mass should prompt the faithful to be present right from the beginning of the celebration. [Sacrosanctum Concilium 56, Inaestimabile Donum 1] to take part … Continue reading