about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Letter To Artists 6c: Aesthetic Mysticism
- EG 103: On Women’s Contributions
- Letter To Artists 6b: A Glimpse Into The Abyss Of Light
- I Don’t Want A Francis Effect
- Another FfF
- EG 102: Other Ecclesial Challenges–The Laity
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Joel 2:12-19
- Letter To Artists 6a: A Fruitful Alliance
- EG 101: Prayer and Love Conquers Divisions
Liam on The Long Retreat Begins emmasrandomthoughts on I Don’t Want A Francis… Ray MacDonald on I Don’t Want A Francis… Katherine on I Don’t Want A Francis… Susannah on Up Bill Ruston on Ashes From Palms Charles on Comments Todd on Wedding Lectionary: Sirach 26:… south african touris… on Resignation Valid Simon de Little (@si… on Wedding Lectionary: Sirach 26:…
- 3,063,927 hits
Daily Archives: 13 March 2011
I know you liturgical musicians were wondering if we were going to get to psalmists, cantors, and all. Here we go. One section: 56. The psalmist, or cantor of the psalm, is responsible for singing, responsorially or directly, the chants … Continue reading
As we read in the last edition of this series, Seth Nicholson’s satellite discoveries spanned nearly four decades. Let’s dial the clock back a bit from the discovery of his last, Jupiter XII, and take stock of the situation just … Continue reading
I’ve written Lenten Gospel Acclamations over the years. This is the ninth in the series, rendered by some of our parish musicians. What fit the cycle B and C verses pretty well doesn’t fit the “A” set quite as neatly. … Continue reading
Thomas Merton gives a reminder about last Wednesday and today: As some may be surprised to learn, Ash Wednesday is not the beginning of Lent, but only the beginning of the Lenten fast. What does it mean that the forty … Continue reading
55. “It is necessary that those who exercise the ministry of reader, even if they have not received institution, be truly suited and carefully prepared, so that the faithful may develop a warm and living love for Sacred Scripture from … Continue reading
A thought from St Francis de Sales: The spirit cannot endure the body when overfed, but, if underfed, the body cannot endure the spirit.