about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Dies Domini 29: The Day of Faith
- Jubilation and Pink Slips
- EG 146: Reverence for Truth
- Dies Domini 28: The Gift of the Spirit
- Which Worship Aids?
- Private Masses–Bleah!
- EG 145: Preparing To Preach
- Dies Domini 27: The Day of Christ-Light
- One of Our Own
- The Best Pastoral Easter Liturgy (That Might Get People To Return Next Sunday)
John Chrysostom on Wedding Lectionary: Sirach 26:… Janet on Wedding Lectionary: Sirach 26:… Todd on Socks Off FrMichael on Private Masses–Bleah! Devin on Socks Off Devin on The Best Pastoral Easter Litur… Liam on Private Masses–Bleah! Todd on Private Masses–Bleah! Liam on Private Masses–Bleah! Liam on Private Masses–Bleah!
- 3,258,322 hits
Daily Archives: 14 March 2011
Chilling devastation caught by satellite: before and after images of Japan’s inundated communities. In editing this weekend’s prayers of the faithful, I felt at a loss as to how to word an intention. So I kept it simple: For our … Continue reading
I received a report from a friend who is a daily Mass sacristan at her parish. She asked me what I would do, but I’d like to turn it over to you–anyone who would dare to sit in the purple … Continue reading
Philadelphia laity are speaking up by their absence. The presbyterate will begin a series of gatherings with their “embattled” archbishop: Meanwhile, as the hearing-hour strikes in Center City, a Northeast Philadelphia parish will see the day’s more significant moment — … Continue reading
57. The commentator also fulfills a genuine liturgical ministry, which consists in presenting to the congregation of the faithful, from a suitable place, relevant explanations and comments that are clear, of marked sobriety, meticulously prepared, and as a rule written … Continue reading
My parents were big devotees of network news, mainly NBC (I remember Beethoven’s 9th, 2nd movement) and Walter Cronkhite (especially for space coverage). My wife tunes in now and then, and I find myself less than impressed with Brian Williams. … Continue reading