about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Mutuae Relationes 45: Cordial Respect
- DPPL 235: The Litany of the Saints
- No Suffocation
- Mutuae Relationes 44: A Local Bishop’s Authority
- DPPL 234: Celebration of the Eucharist
- On My Bookshelf: A Natural History of the Piano
- Mutuae Relationes 43: Too Tolerant?
- DPPL 233: Problems With A Saint’s Day
- Sex, Gender, and Such
- Mutuae Relationes 41-42: Innovations and Experiments
- 4,507,696 hits
Daily Archives: 24 March 2011
Tomorrow is a liturgical solemnity, and on such days, the Gloria is sung and the observance of a Lenten Friday diet is lifted. My parish is still holding a Fish Fry. I think a lot of other Catholics around the … Continue reading
Anybody with the scoop on Beliefnet? A few years ago, the Fox-owned site was scooping up a few prominent Catholic bloggers, and the A-list was calving an A+ list. Was the cream of the Catholic blogosphere being absorbed into Rupert … Continue reading
73. In addition to the guiding principles already given for the arrangement of readings in the individual parts of the Order of Readings, others of a more general nature follow. Okay. We know how the readings are set up in … Continue reading