about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve a parish in music ministry.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Laudato Si 170: Costs Passed to the Poor
- Laudato Si 169: Delays On Climate Change
- On Long-Winded Prayers
- Laudato Si 168: Conventions
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Psalm 27: 1, 4, 7-10, 13-14
- Laudato Si 167: Rio in 1992
- Simple Gifts
- Laudato Si 166: Popular Movements
- Apple or Pumpkin?
- Songleader to Choir
- 5,789,719 hits
Daily Archives: 25 March 2011
There’s a lot to lament in the whole tale of the movement to put a wall up around Arizona. Immigrants, regardless of legal status, have always enhanced our country’s strength. Newcomers provide fresh vigor and ideas. Shuttered Catholic parishes have … Continue reading
76. In readings for Sundays and solemnities, texts that present real difficulties are avoided for pastoral reasons. The difficulties may be objective, in that the texts themselves raise profound literary, critical, or exegetical problems; or the difficulties may lie, at … Continue reading