about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve a parish in music ministry.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Laudato Si 114: Revolution
- Asteroid Romero
- Weekend Football
- Laudato Si 113: Where Is The Hope?
- Laudato Si 112: Technology Serving People
- Laudato Si 111: Crisis Mode
- Gunning For Vainglory
- Laudato Si 110: Missing the Big Picture
- Laudato Si 109: Economics and Politics Driven by Technology
- On My Bookshelf: Theology of Christian Marriage III
Brendan Kelleher svd on Weekend Football Devin on Asteroid Romero Devin on Asteroid Romero charlesincenca on Gunning For Vainglory Atheist Max on Gunning For Vainglory charlesincenca on Gunning For Vainglory Todd on On My Bookshelf: Theology of C… FrMichael on On My Bookshelf: Theology of C… FrMichael on On My Bookshelf: Theology of C… Alethea on Funeral Lectionary: Matthew…
- 5,573,431 hits
Daily Archives: 5 June 2011
A friend attended the out-of-town wedding of two of our graduates yesterday. In the receiving line at church, mentioned she needed to get to another celebration back at our parish. The couple responded that she came for the important part. … Continue reading
39. Language, which is a means of communication between people. In liturgical celebrations its purpose is to announce to the faithful the good news of salvation (Cf. Canons 762-772, especially 769) and to express the church’s prayer to the Lord. … Continue reading
In a comment below, Harry takes me to task for my doubts that every serious revelation of abuse in the Kansas City-St Joseph diocese has been revealed. At best, the institutional church has a spotty track record where treating with … Continue reading
Don’t look now, but the Whirlpool Galaxy near the Big Dipper has just experienced its third sighted supernova in seventeen years. Today’s Astronomy Picture of the Day shows us before and after. Three supernovas in 17 years is a lot … Continue reading