about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- No Suffocation
- Mutuae Relationes 44: A Local Bishop’s Authority
- DPPL 234: Celebration of the Eucharist
- On My Bookshelf: A Natural History of the Piano
- Mutuae Relationes 43: Too Tolerant?
- DPPL 233: Problems With A Saint’s Day
- Sex, Gender, and Such
- Mutuae Relationes 41-42: Innovations and Experiments
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Nehemiah 9:1-20, A Psalm of Memory
- Lenten Reflections: Arevakal
- 4,505,346 hits
Daily Archives: 18 August 2011
Except for LA, posting here has been rather light here the past few weeks. Some of that was my conference. But I’ll also suggest that the late stories coming out of the blogosphere and the Catholic internet in general have … Continue reading
The conclusion of Jesus’ Last Supper discourse is one option for a funeral Gospel reading. I don’t find it to be a frequent choice, which is unfortunate. Maybe the Johannine style is offputting. Without the reference of the preceding twenty-three verses, it seems … Continue reading