45. Apart from that which is set forth in the Ordo lectionum Missae, the following norms are to be observed in the preparation of a Lectionary of biblical readings in a vernacular language:
- a) Passages of Sacred Scripture contained in the Praenotanda of the Ordo lectionum Missae are to conform completely to the translation of the same passages as they occur within the Lectionary.
- b) Likewise the titles, expressing the theme of the readings and placed at the head of them, are to retain the wording of the readings themselves, wherever such a correspondence exists in the Ordo lectionum Missae.
- c) Finally, the words prescribed by the Ordo lectionum Missae for the beginning of the reading, called the incipits, are to follow as closely as possible the wording of the vernacular biblical version from which the readings are generally taken, refraining from following other translations. As regards those parts of the incipits that are not part of the biblical text itself, these are to be translated exactly from the Latin when preparing Lectionaries, unless the Conference of Bishops shall have sought and obtained the prior consent of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments authorizing a different procedure for introducing the readings.
- Amoris Laetitia 51: Substance Abuse
- Amoris Laetitia 50: Some Challenges
- Amoris Laetitia 49: Life In Poverty
- Amoris Laetitia 48: Elderly Persons
- Amoris Laetitia 47: Persons With Special Needs
- Amoris Laetitia 46: Human Migration
- Amoris Laetitia 45: Obstacles for Children
- Amoris Laetitia 44: Issues of Material Provision
- Book of the Gospels
- Amoris Laetitia 43: Faith and Religious Practice Weakens
Vatican II pages
Kat on Does Bad Music Chase Away Good… Liam on Amoris Laetitia 48: Elderly… Book of the Gospels… on Book of the Deceased FrMichael on Fr Rosica’s Feud Co… Liam on A Dime For Trans Liam on A Dime For Trans Liam on Amoris Laetitia 41: Of Pa… Liam on Amoris Laetitia 41: Of Pa… Jim McCrea on Bathroom Wars Fr Rosica’s Fe… on Ambush
- 6,571,824 hits