45. Apart from that which is set forth in the Ordo lectionum Missae, the following norms are to be observed in the preparation of a Lectionary of biblical readings in a vernacular language:
- a) Passages of Sacred Scripture contained in the Praenotanda of the Ordo lectionum Missae are to conform completely to the translation of the same passages as they occur within the Lectionary.
- b) Likewise the titles, expressing the theme of the readings and placed at the head of them, are to retain the wording of the readings themselves, wherever such a correspondence exists in the Ordo lectionum Missae.
- c) Finally, the words prescribed by the Ordo lectionum Missae for the beginning of the reading, called the incipits, are to follow as closely as possible the wording of the vernacular biblical version from which the readings are generally taken, refraining from following other translations. As regards those parts of the incipits that are not part of the biblical text itself, these are to be translated exactly from the Latin when preparing Lectionaries, unless the Conference of Bishops shall have sought and obtained the prior consent of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments authorizing a different procedure for introducing the readings.
- Amoris Laetitia 174: More On Motherhood
- Amoris Laetitia 173: A Sense of Being Orphaned
- Misadventures in Roman Documents
- Amoris Laetitia 172: The Love of a Mother and a Father
- Amoris Laetitia 171: Advice for Mothers
- Amoris Laetitia 170: Acceptance and Respect
- Amoris Laetitia 168-169: Love and Pregnancy
- When Worship Ends
- Amoris Laetitia 167: Large Families Are A Joy
- Amoris Laetitia 166: Welcoming a New Life
Vatican II pages
Michael on Humanae Vitae 14: Unlawful Bir… Chris on Humanae Vitae 14: Unlawful Bir… Jen on Amoris Laetitia 171: Advice fo… Michael on Humanae Vitae 14: Unlawful Bir… Liam on When Worship Ends Brendan Kelleher svd on When Worship Ends Liam on When Worship Ends Melody on When Worship Ends Melody on Amoris Laetitia 171: Advice fo… Karen on Funeral Lectionary: Lamentatio…
- 7,046,971 hits