66. All parts of the various liturgical books are to be translated in the same order in which they are set forth in the Latin text of the editio typica, including the institutiones generales, the praenotanda, and the instructions supplied in the various rites, which function as a support for the whole structure of the Liturgy.[ Sacrosanctum Concilium 63b; S. CONGR. FOR DIVINE WORSHIP, Decl. De interpretationibus popularibus novorum textuum liturgicorum, 15 September 1969: Notitiae 5 (1969) 333-334.] The distinction between the various liturgical roles and the designation of the liturgical ministers by their proper titles is to be maintained in the translation precisely as it is in the rubrics of the editio typica, maintaining due regard for the principles mentioned in n. 50c above.[Cf. CONGR. FOR THE CLERGY et al., Instr. Ecclesiae de mysterio, 15 August 1997, art. 1-3, 6-12: AAS 89 (1997) 861-865, 869-874.]
67. Wherever such praenotanda or other texts of the editiones typicae explicitly call for adaptations or specific applications to be introduced by the Conferences, as for example the parts of the Missal that are to be defined more specifically by the Conference of Bishops,[GIRM 389] it is permissible to insert these prescriptions into the text, provided that they have received the recognitio of the Apostolic See. It is not required in such cases, by their very nature, to translate these parts verbatim as they stand in the editio typica. Nevertheless, a mention is to be made of the decree of approbation of the Conference of Bishops and of the recognitio granted by the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments.
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Climate Change
- Misericordiae Vultus 5: The Jubilee Ends
- Douthat on Breaking, Bad
- DPPL 281: Christian Pilgrimage
- Some Easter Music
- Humanae Vitae 8: God’s Loving Design
- By The Bay
- Misericordiae Vultus 4bc: Opening and Closing the Council
- DPPL 280: Biblical Pilgrimage
- Misericordiae Vultus 4a: Vatican II
Atheist Max on Open Thread On Born Again Todd on Douthat on Breaking, Bad Dick Martin on Open Thread On Born Again Atheist Max on Open Thread On Born Again Dick Martin on Open Thread On Born Again charlesincenca on Douthat on Breaking, Bad Stephen on Douthat on Breaking, Bad emmasrandomthoughts on Humanae Vitae 8: God’s L… 8kidsandabusiness on Humanae Vitae 8: God’s L… Atheist Max on Open Thread On Born Again
- 4,763,357 hits