68. At the beginning of the vernacular editions are to be placed the decrees by which the editiones typicae have been promulgated by the competent Dicastery of the Apostolic See, with due regard for the prescriptions found in n. 78. Also to be placed there are the decrees by means of which the recognitio of the Holy See has been granted for the translations, or at least the mention of the recognitio is to be made together with the date, month, year, and protocol number of the decree issued by the Dicastery. Since these are also historical documents, the names of the Dicasteries or other organ of the Apostolic See are to be translated exactly as they appeared on the date of promulgation of the document, rather than being altered to reflect the present name of the same or equivalent body.
69. The editions of the liturgical books prepared in the vernacular language are to correspond in every part to the titles, the ordering of texts, the rubrics, and the system of numbering that appears in the editio typica, unless otherwise directed in the praenotanda of the same books. Furthermore, any additions approved by the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments are to be inserted either in a supplement or appendix, or in their proper place in the book, as the Apostolic See shall have directed.
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- DPPL 286c: The Penitential Dimension of Pilgrimage
- Diagnosing the Wrong
- Misericordiae Vultus 9d: Summarizing the Gospel of Mercy
- DPPL 286b: Pilgrimage and Exodus
- Humanae Vitae 12: Union and Procreation
- Misericordiae Vultus 9bc: Forgiveness in Matthew’s Gospel
- DPPL 286a: Eschatology of Pilgrimage
- Humanae Vitae 11: Observing the Natural Law
- Misericordiae Vultus 9a: Luke 15
Melody on Diagnosing the Wrong Chris on Humanae Vitae 12: Union and… Chris on Humanae Vitae 11: Observing th… Liam on Diagnosing the Wrong FrMichael on Humanae Vitae 12: Union and… FrMichael on Humanae Vitae 11: Observing th… Chris on Humanae Vitae 12: Union and… Chris on Humanae Vitae 11: Observing th… FrMichael on Humanae Vitae 11: Observing th… Todd on In India, Practical Ecume…
- 4,794,210 hits