77. Furthermore, as regards the major languages, an integral translation of all of the liturgical books is to be prepared in a timely manner. Translations heretofore approved ad interim are to be perfected or thoroughly revised, as the case requires, and afterwards submitted to the Bishops for definitive approbation in accordance with the norms set forth in this Instruction. Finally, they are to be sent to the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments with a request for the recognitio.[Cf. POPE JOHN PAUL II, Apost. Letter Vicesimus quintus annus, n. 20 : AAS 81(1989) 916.]
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Dives in Misericordiae 1d: Linking Anthropocentrism and Theocentrism
- A Catechetical Shift
- British Football
- PS 41: Preparing Triduum Ministries
- Dives in Misericordiae 1c: Accompaniment
- From The Sky, Diamonds
- PS 40: Liturgy of the Hours During the Triduum
- Secret Meetings … So?
- Dives in Misericordiae 1b: The Revelation of Mercy
- PS 39: The Paschal Fast
Jim McCrea on A Catechetical Shift David D. on British Football Atheist Max on Reality Check Todd on Reality Check Atheist Max on Reality Check Jim McCrea on Reality Check Jim McCrea on From The Sky, Diamonds Devin on Secret Meetings … S… Liam on Secret Meetings … S… Todd on Secret Meetings … S…
- 4,959,355 hits