In LA 79 we get a very precise set of steps for any liturgical text, temporary or permanent. Read it over and offer any comments:
79. The approbation liturgical texts, whether definitive, on the one hand, or ad interim or ad experimentum on the other, must be made by decree. In order that this be legitimately executed, the following are to be observed:[SC 36; POPE PAUL VI, Apost. Letter Sacram Liturgiam, IX: AAS 56 (1964) 143; Inter Oecumenici 27-29: AAS 56 (1964) 883; CENTR. COMM. FOR COORDINATING POST-CONCILIAR WORKS AND INTERPRETING THE DECREES OF THE COUNCIL, Response to Dubium: AAS 60 (1968) 361; cf. S. CONGR. FOR THE SACRAMENTS AND DIVINE WORSHIP, Letter to the Presidents of the Conferences of Bishops De linguis vulgaribus in S. Liturgiam inducendis, 5 June 1976: Notitiae 12 (1976) 300-302.]
a) For the legitimate passage of decrees, a two-thirds vote by secret ballot is required on the part of all who enjoy the right to a deliberative vote of the Conference of Bishops.
b) All acts to be examined by the Apostolic See, prepared in duplicate, signed by the President and Secretary of the Conference, and duly affixed with its seal, are to be sent to the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments. In these acts are to be contained:
- i) the names of the Bishops or of those equivalent in law who were present at the meeting,
- ii) a relatio of the proceedings, which should contain the results of the voting for each individual decree, including the number in favor, the number opposed, and the number abstaining.
c) Two copies are to be sent of the liturgical texts prepared in the vernacular language; insofar as possible, the same text should be sent on computer diskette;
d) In the particular relatio, the following should be explained clearly:[SC 36; Inter Oecumenici, nn. 20-21, 31: AAS (1964) 882,884; Code of Canon Law, can. 838.]
- i) the process and criteria followed in the work of translation.
- ii) a list of the persons participating at various stages in the work, together with a brief note describing the qualifications and expertise of each.
- iii) any changes that may have been introduced in relation to the previous translation of the same edition of the liturgical book are to be indicated clearly, together with the reasons for making such changes;
- iv) an indication of any changes with respect to the content of the Latin editio typica together with the reasons which they were necessary, and with a notation of the prior consent of the Apostolic See for the introduction of such changes.