87. It is recommended that there be a single translation of the liturgical books for each vernacular language, brought about by means of coordination among the Bishops of those regions where the same language is spoken.[ Cf. S. CONGR. FOR DIVINE WORSHIP, Norms De unica interpretatione textuum liturgicorum, 6 February 1970: Notitiae 6 (1976) 84-85; Inter Oecumenici 40.] If this proves truly impossible because of the circumstances, the individual Conferences of Bishops, after consultation with the Holy See, may decide either to adapt a previously existing translation or to prepare a new one. In either case, the recognitio of their acts is to be sought from the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments.
88. In the case of the Order of Mass and those parts of the Sacred Liturgy that call for the direct participation of the people, a single translation should exist in a given language,[ Cf. S. CONGR. FOR DIVINE WORSHIP, Norms De unica interpretatione textuum liturgicorum, 6 February 1970: Notitiae 6 (1970) 84-85.] unless a different provision is made in individual cases.
89. Texts which are common to several Conferences, as mentioned above in nn. 87-88, are ordinarily to be approved by each of the individual Conferences of Bishops which must use them, before the confirmation of the texts is granted by the Apostolic See.[ Cf. S. CONGR. FOR DIVINE WORSHIP, Norms De unica interpretatione textuum liturgicorum, 6 February 1970: Notitiae 6 (1970) 85.]
90. With due regard for Catholic traditions and for all of the principles and norms contained in this Instruction, an appropriate relationship or coordination is greatly to be desired, whenever possible, between any translations intended for common use in the various Rites of the Catholic Church, especially as regards the text of Sacred Scripture. The Bishops of the Latin Church are to foster the same in a spirit of respectful and fraternal cooperation.
- New Looks At Old Moons
- Amoris Laetitia 176: Absent Fathers
- Hands Off Hands Together
- 2 Capos
- Amoris Laetitia 175: Parents Support a Child’s Growth
- A Typical Sunday
- Amoris Laetitia 174: More On Motherhood
- Amoris Laetitia 173: A Sense of Being Orphaned
- Misadventures in Roman Documents
- Amoris Laetitia 172: The Love of a Mother and a Father
Vatican II pages
Liam on Hands Off Hands Together Liam on Hands Off Hands Together Todd on Hands Off Hands Together Liam on Hands Off Hands Together Joe on Reader Reflections on EWT… Liam on Hands Off Hands Together Melody on Hands Off Hands Together Brendan Kelleher svd on Hands Off Hands Together Todd on 2 Capos Liam on 2 Capos
- 7,054,642 hits