87. It is recommended that there be a single translation of the liturgical books for each vernacular language, brought about by means of coordination among the Bishops of those regions where the same language is spoken.[ Cf. S. CONGR. FOR DIVINE WORSHIP, Norms De unica interpretatione textuum liturgicorum, 6 February 1970: Notitiae 6 (1976) 84-85; Inter Oecumenici 40.] If this proves truly impossible because of the circumstances, the individual Conferences of Bishops, after consultation with the Holy See, may decide either to adapt a previously existing translation or to prepare a new one. In either case, the recognitio of their acts is to be sought from the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments.
88. In the case of the Order of Mass and those parts of the Sacred Liturgy that call for the direct participation of the people, a single translation should exist in a given language,[ Cf. S. CONGR. FOR DIVINE WORSHIP, Norms De unica interpretatione textuum liturgicorum, 6 February 1970: Notitiae 6 (1970) 84-85.] unless a different provision is made in individual cases.
89. Texts which are common to several Conferences, as mentioned above in nn. 87-88, are ordinarily to be approved by each of the individual Conferences of Bishops which must use them, before the confirmation of the texts is granted by the Apostolic See.[ Cf. S. CONGR. FOR DIVINE WORSHIP, Norms De unica interpretatione textuum liturgicorum, 6 February 1970: Notitiae 6 (1970) 85.]
90. With due regard for Catholic traditions and for all of the principles and norms contained in this Instruction, an appropriate relationship or coordination is greatly to be desired, whenever possible, between any translations intended for common use in the various Rites of the Catholic Church, especially as regards the text of Sacred Scripture. The Bishops of the Latin Church are to foster the same in a spirit of respectful and fraternal cooperation.
- Amoris Laetitia 294-295: More on Gradualness
- Amoris Laetitia 293: Gradualness
- The Paper of Timeless
- Amoris Laetitia 292: Church Teaching on Marriage
- Amoris Laetitia 291: Treating Weakness
- Amoris Laetitia 290: The Family As Agent of Pastoral Activity
- Amoris Laetitia 289: From Children to Mission
- Amoris Laetitia 288: Adapting To Individual Young Persons
- Amoris Laetitia 287: Passing on the Faith
- What Another Month May Bring
Vatican II pages
Todd on Amoris Laetitia 83: Abortion,… Devin Rice on Amoris Laetitia 83: Abortion,… Richardson Mcphillip… on Amoris Laetitia 83: Abortion,… Todd on Amoris Laetitia 291: Treating… Liam on Amoris Laetitia 291: Treating… Liam on RIP Celebrities and Other… Todd on RIP Celebrities and Other… Dick Martin on RIP Celebrities and Other… Todd on Glory and Praise vol 1 Charles Daniel Culbr… on Glory and Praise vol 1
- 7,419,380 hits