116. In order for an editor to be able to proceed to the printing of editions iuxta typicam intended for liturgical use, he must do the following:
a) in the case of books containing only the Latin text, obtain, in each single instance, the consent of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, and then enter into an agreement with the Administratio Patrimonii Sedis Apostolicae or with the Libreria Editrice Vaticana, which acts in the name and by the mandate of the same body, regarding the conditions for the publication of such books;
b) in the case of books containing texts in a vernacular language, obtain the consent, according to the circumstances, of the President of the Conference of Bishops, the Institute or the Commission that manages the matter in the name of several Conferences by license of the Holy See, and enter at the same time into an agreement with this body regarding the conditions for publication of such books, with due regard for the norms and laws in force in that country;
c) in the case of books containing principally a vernacular text but also containing extensive use of the Latin text, the norms of n. 116a are to be observed for the Latin part.
about this site
Catholic Sensibility is a personal blog by a Catholic layperson with comments and occasional other writings by Catholics and non-Catholics. We make no particular claims to have the completeness of a Roman Catholic expression of Christianity. It contains opinion, interpretation, and personal musings. That’s it. Nothing official or authoritatively connected to the Magisterium.
- GCSPD 9-11: Baptism, part 1
- Gather IV Review: Ascension and Pentecost
- Praedicate Evangelium 88-89: Purpose of the DDWDS
- GCSPD 4-8: General Principles, Part 2
- Praedicate Evangelium on Liturgy
- GCSPD 1-3: General Principles, Part 1
- The Armchair Liturgist: Sixth or Seventh Sunday?
- GCSPD, Why?
- On Vocations
- Guidelines for the Celebration of the Sacraments with Persons with Disabilities
Ted Hessel on Four Reasons Why Altars “Turne… Gather IV Review: As… on Gather IV Review: Easter Liam on The Armchair Liturgist: Sixth… Liam on Praedicate Evangelium on … Liam on The Armchair Liturgist: Sixth… Liam on GCSPD, Why? Todd Flowerday on GCSPD, Why? Joyce Donahue on GCSPD, Why? Liam on GCSPD, Why? Liam on GCSPD, Why?
Vatican II pages
- 11,017,257 hits