116. In order for an editor to be able to proceed to the printing of editions iuxta typicam intended for liturgical use, he must do the following:
a) in the case of books containing only the Latin text, obtain, in each single instance, the consent of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, and then enter into an agreement with the Administratio Patrimonii Sedis Apostolicae or with the Libreria Editrice Vaticana, which acts in the name and by the mandate of the same body, regarding the conditions for the publication of such books;
b) in the case of books containing texts in a vernacular language, obtain the consent, according to the circumstances, of the President of the Conference of Bishops, the Institute or the Commission that manages the matter in the name of several Conferences by license of the Holy See, and enter at the same time into an agreement with this body regarding the conditions for publication of such books, with due regard for the norms and laws in force in that country;
c) in the case of books containing principally a vernacular text but also containing extensive use of the Latin text, the norms of n. 116a are to be observed for the Latin part.
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- DPPL 236: Defining A Relic
- Mutuae Relationes 45: Cordial Respect
- DPPL 235: The Litany of the Saints
- No Suffocation
- Mutuae Relationes 44: A Local Bishop’s Authority
- DPPL 234: Celebration of the Eucharist
- On My Bookshelf: A Natural History of the Piano
- Mutuae Relationes 43: Too Tolerant?
- DPPL 233: Problems With A Saint’s Day
- Sex, Gender, and Such
- 4,509,383 hits