7. In truly difficult times, when the Catholic faith in the sacrificial nature of the Mass, the ministerial Priesthood, and the real and perpetual presence of Christ under the Eucharistic species were called into question, St. Pius V was first of all concerned with preserving the more recent tradition, then unjustly assailed, introducing only very slight changes into the sacred rite. In fact, the Missal of 1570 differs very little from the very first printed edition of 1474, which in turn faithfully takes up again the Missal used in the time of Pope Innocent III. Moreover, manuscript books in the Vatican Library, even though they provided material for several textual emendations, by no means made it possible to pursue inquiry into “ancient and approved authors” further back than the liturgical commentaries of the Middle Ages.
- Aparecida 461-462: Criticism Of, Demands On Men
- GeE 86: That Pure Heart
- Aparecida 459-460: Male Responsibilities
- GeE 85: Love From The Heart
- Aparecida 458: Pastoral Proposals For Women
- GeE 83-84: Blessed Are The Pure In Heart
- Aparecida 457: Complementarity
- Which Of the Six?
- GeE 82: An Army Of The Forgiven
- Aparecida 456: Motherhood
Liam on Which Of the Six? Devin Rice on Which Of the Six? Liam on Which Of the Six? Which Of the Six? |… on 6 Plots Liam on 6 Plots Liam on After An Error Liam on GeE 71: Blessed Are The M… Liam on GeE 67-68: The Poor In Sp… Liam on The Visit Liam on The Visit
Vatican II pages
- 8,925,426 hits