19. Even though it is on occasion not possible to have the presence and active participation of the faithful, which manifest more clearly the ecclesial nature of the celebration,[Sacrosanctum Concilium 41] the celebration of the Eucharist is always endowed with its own efficacy and dignity, since it is the act of Christ and of the Church, in which the Priest fulfills his own principal function and always acts for the sake of the people’s salvation.
Hence the Priest is recommended to celebrate the Eucharistic Sacrifice, in so far as he can, even daily.[Presbyterorum Ordinis 13; Code of Canon Law, can. 904]
- Aparecida 403: Advocacy For Justice
- GeE 14: Holiness Is A Calling of Lay People
- Aparecida 402: The New Excluded
- GeE 12-13: Women Saints
- VNO 46: For The Dying
- Too Many Readings?
- Aparecida 401: Institutional Mission
- GeE 11: Examples Are For Inspiration, Not To Copy
- Aparecida 400: “Nothing … Will Have Been In Vain”
- GeE 10: The Lord Calls
Vatican II pages
- 8,789,222 hits