19. Even though it is on occasion not possible to have the presence and active participation of the faithful, which manifest more clearly the ecclesial nature of the celebration,[Sacrosanctum Concilium 41] the celebration of the Eucharist is always endowed with its own efficacy and dignity, since it is the act of Christ and of the Church, in which the Priest fulfills his own principal function and always acts for the sake of the people’s salvation.
Hence the Priest is recommended to celebrate the Eucharistic Sacrifice, in so far as he can, even daily.[Presbyterorum Ordinis 13; Code of Canon Law, can. 904]
about this site
Catholic Sensibility is a personal blog by a Catholic layperson with comments and occasional other writings by Catholics and non-Catholics. We make no particular claims to have the completeness of a Roman Catholic expression of Christianity. It contains opinion, interpretation, and personal musings. That’s it. Nothing official or authoritatively connected to the Magisterium.
- Sacramentum Caritatis 15: The Eucharist and Ecclesial Communion
- My Second Bishop
- Sacramentum Caritatis 14: The Eucharist Makes the Church
- The Teeth of Winter
- Sacramentum Caritatis 13: Epiclesis
- M12: The Gumball Globular
- Sacramentum Caritatis 12: The Holy Spirit in History
- On The Tube: Green Planet
- Sacramentum Caritatis 11: Foreshadowing to Full Fruition
Vatican II pages
- 11,261,174 hits