19. Even though it is on occasion not possible to have the presence and active participation of the faithful, which manifest more clearly the ecclesial nature of the celebration,[Sacrosanctum Concilium 41] the celebration of the Eucharist is always endowed with its own efficacy and dignity, since it is the act of Christ and of the Church, in which the Priest fulfills his own principal function and always acts for the sake of the people’s salvation.
Hence the Priest is recommended to celebrate the Eucharistic Sacrifice, in so far as he can, even daily.[Presbyterorum Ordinis 13; Code of Canon Law, can. 904]
- Amoris Laetitia 113: How Spouses Speak Of One Another
- Amoris Laetitia 112: On Slander
- Amoris Laetitia 111: Love Bears All Things
- Moving On From Lot’s Wife
- Amoris Laetitia 110: Looking Beyond Our Own Needs
- Amoris Laetitia 109: Love Rejoices With Others
- The Heart of Our Lives
- Amoris Laetitia 108: God’s Forgiveness
- Amoris Laetitia 107: Forgiving Ourselves
- What Is The Mass?
Vatican II pages
deirdre tuohy on Thomas Merton and Islam I… Todd on Moving On From Lot’s… FrMichael on Moving On From Lot’s… Liam on Moving On From Lot’s… Liam on The Heart of Our Lives Liam on What Is The Mass? Liam on What Is The Mass? FrMichael on What Is The Mass? Todd on Wedding Lectionary: 1 John… Sascha on Wedding Lectionary: 1 John…
- 6,819,260 hits