A quick image of our parish’s narthex. Lit Easter Candle at the display of the book of the dead. Does your parish have people sign names into a book in November? One parish I heard about had an entire wall set up for people to bring photos of their deceased loved ones.
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Lenten Reflections: The Bookends of Sleep
- Mutuae Relationes 46: Bishop as Supervisor and Mediator
- DPPL 236: Defining A Relic
- Mutuae Relationes 45: Cordial Respect
- DPPL 235: The Litany of the Saints
- No Suffocation
- Mutuae Relationes 44: A Local Bishop’s Authority
- DPPL 234: Celebration of the Eucharist
- On My Bookshelf: A Natural History of the Piano
- Mutuae Relationes 43: Too Tolerant?
Liam on Mutuae Relationes 46: Bishop a… Liam on DPPL 236: Defining A Reli… Dick Martin on Christian Looks at Scripture a… Dick Martin on Jesus: Door, Gate, and Way… charlesincenca on Christian Looks at Scripture a… Dick Martin on Christian Looks at Scripture a… Todd on DPPL 236: Defining A Reli… Melody on DPPL 236: Defining A Reli… Todd on Christian Looks at Scripture a… Dick Martin on Christian Looks at Scripture a…
- 4,512,956 hits