An interesting episode retold where a prominent conservative insists on having the Pie Jesu sung at his wedding. I was reminded of a recent p0st on PrayTell (can’t find it) where another priest bemoaned a few encounters with neo-traditional Catholics. Another wedding with the funeral chants. Being greeted by a young Catholic, “Dominus vobiscum!” Appreciating tradition means you actually have to know about it. And not just use it for window dressing.
about this site
Catholic Sensibility is a personal blog by a Catholic layperson with comments and occasional other writings by Catholics and non-Catholics. We make no particular claims to have the completeness of a Roman Catholic expression of Christianity. It contains opinion, interpretation, and personal musings. That’s it. Nothing official or authoritatively connected to the Magisterium.
- Desiderio Desideravi Conclusion
- How Can We Disarm Saint Michael?
- Desiderio Desideravi 65: Sunday
- The Media on Religion
- Desiderio Desideravi 64: The Itinerary of the Liturgical Year
- Desiderio Desideravi 63: A Further Indication
- Desiderio Desideravi 62: Rekindling Wonder
- Desiderio Desideravi 61: The First Wellspring, and Unity
- Priests As Front Men
- Desiderio Desideravi 60b: Formation During the Mass
Vatican II pages
- 11,142,687 hits