77. Once the offerings have been placed on the altar and the accompanying rites completed, by means of the invitation to pray with the Priest and by means of the Prayer over the Offerings, the Preparation of the Gifts is concluded and preparation made for the Eucharistic Prayer.
At Mass, a single Prayer over the Offerings is said, and it ends with the shorter conclusion, that is: Through Christ our Lord. If, however, the Son is mentioned at the end of this prayer, the conclusion is: Who lives and reigns for ever and ever.
The people, joining in this petition, make the prayer their own by means of the acclamation Amen.
- On My Bookshelf: Women F/SF Authors
- Ministers of Liturgical Music, The Psalmist: SttL 34-36
- Ministers of Liturgical Music, The Choir: SttL 28-33
- VNO: Masses And Prayers For Various Needs And Occasions
- Music For The Sprinkling Rite: On The Day Of My Resurrection
- Miguel de Cervantes in Space
- Music For The Sprinkling Rite: I Saw Water
- The Gathered Liturgical Assembly: SttL 24-27
- The Armchair Liturgist: Greater Works On Mother’s Day
- Music For The Sprinkling Rite
Vatican II pages
- 7,852,959 hits