77. Once the offerings have been placed on the altar and the accompanying rites completed, by means of the invitation to pray with the Priest and by means of the Prayer over the Offerings, the Preparation of the Gifts is concluded and preparation made for the Eucharistic Prayer.
At Mass, a single Prayer over the Offerings is said, and it ends with the shorter conclusion, that is: Through Christ our Lord. If, however, the Son is mentioned at the end of this prayer, the conclusion is: Who lives and reigns for ever and ever.
The people, joining in this petition, make the prayer their own by means of the acclamation Amen.
- GeE 11: Examples Are For Inspiration, Not To Copy
- Aparecida 400: “Nothing … Will Have Been In Vain”
- GeE 10: The Lord Calls
- Aparecida 399: A Renewed Pastoral Ministry For Integral Human Promotion
- Pope Francis And The Two Sons
- GeE 9: St John Paul On Holiness
- Psalm 4: Lord, Let Your Face
- Aparecida 398: Making Real Friends Among The Poor
- GeE 8: Prophets
- Aparecida 397: Concrete Options And Deeds
Vatican II pages
- 8,782,786 hits