77. Once the offerings have been placed on the altar and the accompanying rites completed, by means of the invitation to pray with the Priest and by means of the Prayer over the Offerings, the Preparation of the Gifts is concluded and preparation made for the Eucharistic Prayer.
At Mass, a single Prayer over the Offerings is said, and it ends with the shorter conclusion, that is: Through Christ our Lord. If, however, the Son is mentioned at the end of this prayer, the conclusion is: Who lives and reigns for ever and ever.
The people, joining in this petition, make the prayer their own by means of the acclamation Amen.
about this site
Catholic Sensibility is a personal blog by a Catholic layperson with comments and occasional other writings by Catholics and non-Catholics. We make no particular claims to have the completeness of a Roman Catholic expression of Christianity. It contains opinion, interpretation, and personal musings. That’s it. Nothing official or authoritatively connected to the Magisterium.
- Coherence And Dispensation
- Populorum Progressio 35: Basic Education
- Fratelli Tutti 199: Social Dialogue For A New Culture
- Populorum Progressio 34: The Ultimate Purpose
- Fratelli Tutti 198: Dialogue And Friendship In Society
- Getting the Hand of Paint 3D
- Populorum Progressio 33: Programs and Planning
- Fratelli Tutti 197: Questions For Better Politics
- Populorum Progressio 32: A Task for Everyone
- Fratelli Tutti 196: Sowing Seeds
Vatican II pages
- 10,602,629 hits