77. Once the offerings have been placed on the altar and the accompanying rites completed, by means of the invitation to pray with the Priest and by means of the Prayer over the Offerings, the Preparation of the Gifts is concluded and preparation made for the Eucharistic Prayer.
At Mass, a single Prayer over the Offerings is said, and it ends with the shorter conclusion, that is: Through Christ our Lord. If, however, the Son is mentioned at the end of this prayer, the conclusion is: Who lives and reigns for ever and ever.
The people, joining in this petition, make the prayer their own by means of the acclamation Amen.
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- DPPL 259: Modern Aversion to Death
- Contrition and Delay
- DPPL 258: Matters to Avoid Concerning Death
- Heroic Priesthood Redux
- DPPL 257: The Paschal Meaning of Death
- Lenten Reflections: No Secrets, and a Mission
- DPPL 256: The Memorial of the Dead in Popular Piety
- The Conflicts of Columbus
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Deuteronomy 9:7-19
- DPPL 255: Mass and Office for the Dead
Todd on DPPL 259: Modern Aversion to… Liam on DPPL 259: Modern Aversion to… Jim McCrea on Heroic Priesthood Redux Liam on Contrition and Delay Melody on Contrition and Delay Liam on DPPL 258: Matters to Avoid Con… emmasrandomthoughts on Heroic Priesthood Redux Liam on Heroic Priesthood Redux charlesincenca on Heroic Priesthood Redux FrMichael on DPPL 257: The Paschal Meaning…
- 4,641,964 hits