77. Once the offerings have been placed on the altar and the accompanying rites completed, by means of the invitation to pray with the Priest and by means of the Prayer over the Offerings, the Preparation of the Gifts is concluded and preparation made for the Eucharistic Prayer.
At Mass, a single Prayer over the Offerings is said, and it ends with the shorter conclusion, that is: Through Christ our Lord. If, however, the Son is mentioned at the end of this prayer, the conclusion is: Who lives and reigns for ever and ever.
The people, joining in this petition, make the prayer their own by means of the acclamation Amen.
- My Tweets
- Aparecida 231-232: Post-Vatican II Fruitfulness
- VNO 12: For The Family
- Aparecida 230: Praying For Christian Unity
- Pro Pope Francis
- Aparecida 229: Authentic Apologetics
- Pope Francis Address to CELAM 6: Not Yielding To Discouragement
- Aparecida 228: The Justification For Ecumenism
- Project Almanac
- Pope Francis Address to CELAM 5: Unity
- Aparecida 227: Ecumenical Dialogue
Vatican II pages
- 8,289,774 hits