77. Once the offerings have been placed on the altar and the accompanying rites completed, by means of the invitation to pray with the Priest and by means of the Prayer over the Offerings, the Preparation of the Gifts is concluded and preparation made for the Eucharistic Prayer.
At Mass, a single Prayer over the Offerings is said, and it ends with the shorter conclusion, that is: Through Christ our Lord. If, however, the Son is mentioned at the end of this prayer, the conclusion is: Who lives and reigns for ever and ever.
The people, joining in this petition, make the prayer their own by means of the acclamation Amen.
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- DPPL 239: Venerating Images And Guidance
- Lenten Reflections: Praying One Word At A Time
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Genesis 45:1-8
- Mutuae Relationes 48: Exchanging Information
- DPPL 238: The Council of Nicea Addressed Sacred Images
- Mutuae Relationes 47: Information
- DPPL 237: Practices With Relics
- Lenten Reflections: The Bookends of Sleep
- Mutuae Relationes 46: Bishop as Supervisor and Mediator
- DPPL 236: Defining A Relic
John Donaghy on Lenten Reflections: Praying On… Liam on DPPL 239: Venerating Images An… Todd on DPPL 238: The Council of Nicea… Liam on DPPL 238: The Council of Nicea… FrMichael on Mutuae Relationes 47: Inf… Melody on Lenten Reflections: The Booken… Liam on Mutuae Relationes 46: Bishop a… Liam on DPPL 236: Defining A Reli… Dick Martin on Christian Looks at Scripture a… Dick Martin on Jesus: Door, Gate, and Way…
- 4,524,855 hits