77. Once the offerings have been placed on the altar and the accompanying rites completed, by means of the invitation to pray with the Priest and by means of the Prayer over the Offerings, the Preparation of the Gifts is concluded and preparation made for the Eucharistic Prayer.
At Mass, a single Prayer over the Offerings is said, and it ends with the shorter conclusion, that is: Through Christ our Lord. If, however, the Son is mentioned at the end of this prayer, the conclusion is: Who lives and reigns for ever and ever.
The people, joining in this petition, make the prayer their own by means of the acclamation Amen.
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Letter To Artists 7d: Iconoclasm Emerges
- EG 107: Vocations
- Letter To Artists 7b-c: Architecture, Poetry, and Gregorian Chant
- EG 106: Two Areas Of Progress In Youth Ministry
- Cynic Alert: Phantom Wealth
- Mercy, Wide and Late
- Letter To Artists 7a: The Origins of Christian Art
- Cosmos, The Next Generation
- EG 105: Youth Ministry
- The Vice Principal Strikes Back
Liam on Letter To Artists 7d: Iconocla… Todd on EG 106: Two Areas Of Progress… Katherine on EG 106: Two Areas Of Progress… kathleen morrison on Funeral Lectionary: Wisdom… Melody on Mercy, Wide and Late Naked, And You Cloth… on On My Bookshelf: Naked, And Yo… Todd on Mercy, Wide and Late Chase M. Becker on Mercy, Wide and Late John Drake on EG 104: Women, Ordination,… FrMichael on EG 103: On Women’s …
- 3,081,655 hits