166. When the Prayer after Communion is concluded, brief announcements should be made to the people, if there are any.
167. Then the Priest, extending his hands, greets the people, saying, The Lord be with you. They reply, And with your spirit. The Priest, joining his hands again and then immediately placing his left hand on his breast, raises his right hand and adds, May almighty God bless you and, as he makes the Sign of the Cross over the people, he continues, the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. All reply, Amen.
On certain days and occasions this blessing, in accordance with the rubrics, is expanded and expressed by a Prayer over the People or another more solemn formula.
A Bishop blesses the people with the appropriate formula, making the Sign of the Cross three times over the people.[Cf. Ceremonial of Bishops, editio typica, 1984, nos. 1118-1121]
168. Immediately after the Blessing, with hands joined, the Priest adds, Ite, missa est (Go forth, the Mass is ended) and all reply, Thanks be to God.
169. Then the Priest venerates the altar as usual with a kiss and, after making a profound bow with the lay ministers, he withdraws with them.
170. If, however, another liturgical action follows the Mass, the Concluding Rites, that is, the Greeting, the Blessing, and the Dismissal, are omitted.
- Amoris Laetitia 142: Passionate Love
- Against Comfort
- Amoris Laetitia 141: Dialogue With Substance
- Amoris Laetitia 140: Love, Not Fear
- On Edward W. Haskell
- Amoris Laetitia 139: Unity Leading to Better Communication
- Science in the Self Interest
- Totality: A Year From Today
- Amoris Laetitia 138: Relating To Another
- Bernard of Clairvaux
Vatican II pages
Liam on Against Comfort Katherine on Against Comfort Atheist Max on Open Thread on Accounts and… Charles Daniel Culbr… on Against Comfort nassauny on Against Comfort Dick Martin on Open Thread on Accounts and… Liam on Against Comfort Atheist Max on Open Thread on Accounts and… Dick Martin on Open Thread on Accounts and… Atheist Max on Open Thread on Accounts and…
- 6,931,350 hits