166. When the Prayer after Communion is concluded, brief announcements should be made to the people, if there are any.
167. Then the Priest, extending his hands, greets the people, saying, The Lord be with you. They reply, And with your spirit. The Priest, joining his hands again and then immediately placing his left hand on his breast, raises his right hand and adds, May almighty God bless you and, as he makes the Sign of the Cross over the people, he continues, the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. All reply, Amen.
On certain days and occasions this blessing, in accordance with the rubrics, is expanded and expressed by a Prayer over the People or another more solemn formula.
A Bishop blesses the people with the appropriate formula, making the Sign of the Cross three times over the people.[Cf. Ceremonial of Bishops, editio typica, 1984, nos. 1118-1121]
168. Immediately after the Blessing, with hands joined, the Priest adds, Ite, missa est (Go forth, the Mass is ended) and all reply, Thanks be to God.
169. Then the Priest venerates the altar as usual with a kiss and, after making a profound bow with the lay ministers, he withdraws with them.
170. If, however, another liturgical action follows the Mass, the Concluding Rites, that is, the Greeting, the Blessing, and the Dismissal, are omitted.
- Lament in the Psalms
- Music For The Sprinkling Rite: From Your Side, O Christ
- Music For The Sprinkling Rite: O Chosen Race
- Cultural Appropriation
- Music For The Sprinkling Rite: You Springs
- Looking At Liturgy In Unleash The Gospel III
- Ten Years Ago Here I
- Looking At Liturgy In Unleash The Gospel II
- More Than An Octave
- Looking At Liturgy In Unleash The Gospel I
Vatican II pages
Todd on Thomas Merton and Islam virginia on Thomas Merton and Islam Marion on Thomas Merton and Islam Lament in the Psalms… on Take the 69th Todd on Music For The Sprinkling Rite:… Todd on Glory and Praise vol 1 Missy on Glory and Praise vol 1 Liam on Music For The Sprinkling Rite:… Liam on Music For The Sprinkling Rite:… Liam on Cultural Appropriation
- 7,945,601 hits