166. When the Prayer after Communion is concluded, brief announcements should be made to the people, if there are any.
167. Then the Priest, extending his hands, greets the people, saying, The Lord be with you. They reply, And with your spirit. The Priest, joining his hands again and then immediately placing his left hand on his breast, raises his right hand and adds, May almighty God bless you and, as he makes the Sign of the Cross over the people, he continues, the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. All reply, Amen.
On certain days and occasions this blessing, in accordance with the rubrics, is expanded and expressed by a Prayer over the People or another more solemn formula.
A Bishop blesses the people with the appropriate formula, making the Sign of the Cross three times over the people.[Cf. Ceremonial of Bishops, editio typica, 1984, nos. 1118-1121]
168. Immediately after the Blessing, with hands joined, the Priest adds, Ite, missa est (Go forth, the Mass is ended) and all reply, Thanks be to God.
169. Then the Priest venerates the altar as usual with a kiss and, after making a profound bow with the lay ministers, he withdraws with them.
170. If, however, another liturgical action follows the Mass, the Concluding Rites, that is, the Greeting, the Blessing, and the Dismissal, are omitted.
- Amoris Laetitia 48: Elderly Persons
- Amoris Laetitia 47: Persons With Special Needs
- Amoris Laetitia 46: Human Migration
- Amoris Laetitia 45: Obstacles for Children
- Amoris Laetitia 44: Issues of Material Provision
- Book of the Gospels
- Amoris Laetitia 43: Faith and Religious Practice Weakens
- Amoris Laetitia 42: Declining Populations
- A Dime For Trans
- Amoris Laetitia 41: Of Patience
Vatican II pages
Liam on Amoris Laetitia 48: Elderly… Book of the Gospels… on Book of the Deceased FrMichael on Fr Rosica’s Feud Co… Liam on A Dime For Trans Liam on A Dime For Trans Liam on Amoris Laetitia 41: Of Pa… Liam on Amoris Laetitia 41: Of Pa… Jim McCrea on Bathroom Wars Fr Rosica’s Fe… on Ambush Fr Rosica’s Fe… on Creepy
- 6,562,737 hits