166. When the Prayer after Communion is concluded, brief announcements should be made to the people, if there are any.
167. Then the Priest, extending his hands, greets the people, saying, The Lord be with you. They reply, And with your spirit. The Priest, joining his hands again and then immediately placing his left hand on his breast, raises his right hand and adds, May almighty God bless you and, as he makes the Sign of the Cross over the people, he continues, the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. All reply, Amen.
On certain days and occasions this blessing, in accordance with the rubrics, is expanded and expressed by a Prayer over the People or another more solemn formula.
A Bishop blesses the people with the appropriate formula, making the Sign of the Cross three times over the people.[Cf. Ceremonial of Bishops, editio typica, 1984, nos. 1118-1121]
168. Immediately after the Blessing, with hands joined, the Priest adds, Ite, missa est (Go forth, the Mass is ended) and all reply, Thanks be to God.
169. Then the Priest venerates the altar as usual with a kiss and, after making a profound bow with the lay ministers, he withdraws with them.
170. If, however, another liturgical action follows the Mass, the Concluding Rites, that is, the Greeting, the Blessing, and the Dismissal, are omitted.
- About This Site
- Amoris Laetitia 325: Conclusion and Prayer
- Amoris Laetitia 324: Hospitality
- Amoris Laetitia 323: Tenderness
- Amoris Laetitia 322: Mercy In Family Life
- Music of the Trees 3: The Five Sacred Trees
- Amoris Laetitia 321: Spirituality of Care, Consolation, and Incentive
- Amoris Laetitia 320: Healthy Autonomy
- Amoris Laetitia 319: Spirituality of Married Love
- Amoris Laetitia 318: Family Prayer
Vatican II pages
Alex on Gaudium et Spes 48 Anne on About This Site LiturgyTools.net on About This Site Bari Colombari on About This Site Devin Rice on About This Site Liam on About This Site FrMichael on About This Site Brendan Kelleher svd on About This Site Charles Daniel Culbr… on About This Site FrMichael on Amoris Laetitia 325: Conclusio…
- 7,534,549 hits