166. When the Prayer after Communion is concluded, brief announcements should be made to the people, if there are any.
167. Then the Priest, extending his hands, greets the people, saying, The Lord be with you. They reply, And with your spirit. The Priest, joining his hands again and then immediately placing his left hand on his breast, raises his right hand and adds, May almighty God bless you and, as he makes the Sign of the Cross over the people, he continues, the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. All reply, Amen.
On certain days and occasions this blessing, in accordance with the rubrics, is expanded and expressed by a Prayer over the People or another more solemn formula.
A Bishop blesses the people with the appropriate formula, making the Sign of the Cross three times over the people.[Cf. Ceremonial of Bishops, editio typica, 1984, nos. 1118-1121]
168. Immediately after the Blessing, with hands joined, the Priest adds, Ite, missa est (Go forth, the Mass is ended) and all reply, Thanks be to God.
169. Then the Priest venerates the altar as usual with a kiss and, after making a profound bow with the lay ministers, he withdraws with them.
170. If, however, another liturgical action follows the Mass, the Concluding Rites, that is, the Greeting, the Blessing, and the Dismissal, are omitted.
- Misericordia et Misera 10: Confessors Preparing
- Amoris Laetitia 243: “Not Excommunicated”
- Mary FAQ FAQ
- Misericordia et Misera 9: Missionaries of Mercy
- Amoris Laetitia 242: The Need For Special Discernment
- Exile Symphony
- Misericordia et Misera 8: Sacrament of Penance
- Amoris Laetitia 241: After Breakdown and Divorce
- Misericordia et Misera 7: Celebrate, Know, and Spread the Word
- Amoris Laetitia 240: The Need For Healing
Vatican II pages
Liam on Mary FAQ FAQ Liam on Mary FAQ FAQ Todd on Mary FAQ FAQ Liam on Mary FAQ FAQ Todd on Exile Symphony Liam on Exile Symphony Misericordia et Mise… on More Mercy Todd on Amoris Laetitia 239: Old … Liam on Amoris Laetitia 240: The Need… Todd on Amoris Laetitia 240: The Need…
- 7,271,460 hits