Scripture and Catholic tradition are certainly rich enough. In reflecting recently on St Thomas Aquinas, my parish’s patron saint, I was pondering what a new set of Rosary mysteries would look like if they were based on the theme of wisdom. What about these?
- Wisdom Rejoices in Creation (Proverbs 8:22-31)
- The Magnificat (Luke 1:46-55)
- Jesus Preaches the Beatitudes (Matthew 5:1-12)
- Jesus Teaches Wisdom in Parables (Luke 10:25-37)
- Jesus Offers His Easy Yoke (Matthew 11:28-30)
Once I got thinking about this, it was hard to limit it to only five. I thought about using exclusive Wisdom passages from the Old Testament, the prologue of John’s Gospel, something from the Passion, something from the Last Supper, something from the Book of Revelation. Maybe five mysteries are insufficient.
Which Scripture passages would you recommend for a Rosary meditation on Wisdom?