His lasting legacy may be with the young in his years working at Catholic high schools in Waterloo and Cedar Rapids, at Loras College and Iowa State.
“He was able to get them to open up and talk about those things they were going through as young adults,” said Misty Prater, an ISU campus minister who served under Hemann. “I learned to be a person who listens, to be truly present with people in their lives, in their joys and struggles.”
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve a parish in music ministry.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Cinquant’anni Dopo 21-22: Rivalries and Critiques
- Laudato Si 78: Disposing of Myths
- Open Thread on Favorable Interpretation
- The Arc From Canon Law To Astrophysics
- Cinquant’anni Dopo 19-20: Obedience and Unity
- Laudato Si 77: A Choice To Love
- On My Bookshelf: Divine Renovation
- The Armchair Liturgist: eBooks at Mass
- Cinquant’anni Dopo 17-18: A Mystical Liturgy
- Laudato Si 76: Nature and Creation
- 5,411,971 hits