In a development similar to charges filed against Philadelphia’s Msgr Lynn, a priest from the Maitland-Newcastle diocese has been charged with covering up the abuse of another priest. Some of the fourteen charges against Fr Tom Brennan relate to alleged abuse on his part. But others stem from covering up sex crimes of another priest while both served at a high school. These are thought to be the first such charges in Australia. The story has already spread to Vatican Insider. Do we take heart that stories of criminality race across the world these days, and that cover-up is becoming difficult in some quarters?
about this site
Catholic Sensibility is a personal blog by a Catholic layperson with comments and occasional other writings by Catholics and non-Catholics. We make no particular claims to have the completeness of a Roman Catholic expression of Christianity. It contains opinion, interpretation, and personal musings. That’s it. Nothing official or authoritatively connected to the Magisterium.
- Sacramentum Caritatis 48: The Eucharistic Prayer
- Readings for the Conferral of Holy Orders I: Old Testament
- Sacramentum Caritatis 47: Presentation
- Sacramentum Caritatis 46: The Homily
- The Basics
- Sacramentum Caritatis 45: Liturgy of the Word
- Sacramentum Caritatis 44: Intrinsic Unity
- Optional Celibacy
- Sacramentum Caritatis 43: Structure of the Mass
Vatican II pages
- 11,375,079 hits