about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Football, Plumbing, and Blogging
- PS 37: The Penitential Celebrations in Lent
- What About Sacramental Grace?
- Humanae Vitae 30: To Bishops
- PS 35-36: Chrism Mass
- Humanae Vitae 29: Christian Compassion
- Just A Thought on Guilt, Shame, and Public Relations
- PS 33-34: Passion and Homily
- Difficulty With Pope Francis
- Humanae Vitae 28: To Priests
- 4,936,284 hits
Daily Archives: 24 October 2012
The next five sections state and develop the theme of the catholicity of the Church. Where do we get such an audacious and bold notion? From the Gospels themselves: 61. Brothers and sons and daughters, at this stage of our … Continue reading
This section is a basic primer for parish art/environment groups. First, an overview of the basic thrust of the liturgical year: § 122 § During the liturgical year the Church unfolds the whole mystery of Christ, from his incarnation and … Continue reading