Our townie neighbors to the north have their Advent wreath set up in their narthex. The icon of Christ in the center–that’s usually where they display an icon or image of a saint on the feast day. I like this set-up. I think it tempts young Christians to enter that circle, but hey–seasonal festive adventurism is good.
about this site
Catholic Sensibility is a personal blog by a Catholic layperson with comments and occasional other writings by Catholics and non-Catholics. We make no particular claims to have the completeness of a Roman Catholic expression of Christianity. It contains opinion, interpretation, and personal musings. That’s it. Nothing official or authoritatively connected to the Magisterium.
- Fratelli Tutti 279: Standing Up For Minorities
- Via Pulchritudinis: Accepting the Challenge, part 4
- MR Prefaces: Common Preface V
- Fratelli Tutti 278: Christian Catholicity
- Re-Viewing National Treasure
- Via Pulchritudinis: Accepting the Challenge, part 3
- MR Prefaces: Common Preface IV
- Cardinal Cupich On Participation
- Fratelli Tutti 277: Christian Identity
- Vatican Observatory In Silver
Vatican II pages
- 10,712,634 hits