With Scottish bishop number 5 retired, Pope Francis appears to have the opportunity to remake an entire bishops’ conference. It will be interesting to see if all five new bishops come from their home dioceses. Will any have connections with the scandal-scarred Cardinal O’Brien? Maybe another demographic will factor in: like all canon lawyers. Or a mix of guys from diocesan clergy and religious orders. Or perhaps traditions like professors or spiritual directors. Or parish pastors.
about this site
Catholic Sensibility is a personal blog by a Catholic layperson with comments and occasional other writings by Catholics and non-Catholics. We make no particular claims to have the completeness of a Roman Catholic expression of Christianity. It contains opinion, interpretation, and personal musings. That’s it. Nothing official or authoritatively connected to the Magisterium.
- Scripture for the Sick or Dying: 2 Corinthians 12:7b-10
- Populorum Progressio 72: The Role Of Experts
- St Ignatius on Drink
- Fratelli Tutti 232: Peace, Mostly Within A Nation
- Traditionis Custodes Final Declaration
- Populorum Progressio 71: Development Missions
- Fratelli Tutti 231: Shaping Paths To Peace
- Traditionis Custodes 8: Abrogation
- Populorum Progressio 70: A Social Sense
- Traditionis Custodes 7: Dicasteries In Charge
Todd on Miracles Liam on Miracles Liam on Miracles Liam on Traditionis Custodes 3§3: Cale… Liam on Perspective Todd Flowerday on Traditionis Custodes 3§4: The… Liam on Traditionis Custodes 3§4: The… Liam on Traditionis Custodes 3§3: Cale… Liam on Traditionis Custodes 3§1: An I… Todd on Traditionis Custodes 2: The Re…
Vatican II pages
- 10,652,621 hits