With Scottish bishop number 5 retired, Pope Francis appears to have the opportunity to remake an entire bishops’ conference. It will be interesting to see if all five new bishops come from their home dioceses. Will any have connections with the scandal-scarred Cardinal O’Brien? Maybe another demographic will factor in: like all canon lawyers. Or a mix of guys from diocesan clergy and religious orders. Or perhaps traditions like professors or spiritual directors. Or parish pastors.
- VNO 46: For The Dying
- Too Many Readings?
- Aparecida 401: Institutional Mission
- GeE 11: Examples Are For Inspiration, Not To Copy
- Aparecida 400: “Nothing … Will Have Been In Vain”
- GeE 10: The Lord Calls
- Aparecida 399: A Renewed Pastoral Ministry For Integral Human Promotion
- Pope Francis And The Two Sons
- GeE 9: St John Paul On Holiness
- Psalm 4: Lord, Let Your Face
Vatican II pages
- 8,783,692 hits