about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- No Suffocation
- Mutuae Relationes 44: A Local Bishop’s Authority
- DPPL 234: Celebration of the Eucharist
- On My Bookshelf: A Natural History of the Piano
- Mutuae Relationes 43: Too Tolerant?
- DPPL 233: Problems With A Saint’s Day
- Sex, Gender, and Such
- Mutuae Relationes 41-42: Innovations and Experiments
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Nehemiah 9:1-20, A Psalm of Memory
- Lenten Reflections: Arevakal
- 4,505,482 hits
Daily Archives: 6 August 2013
We continue our examination of the preamble (sections 1-13) of the CDWDS instruction Redemptionis Sacramentum. We begin with a matter that is far from a disputed point: the Eucharist is essential to the life of the Church, and nothing outshines it: [2.] … Continue reading
There’s no letting up in the blogosphere on the Pope Francis “Who am I to judge?” comment. What does it mean? Is it just tone, or is it content, too? Mark Silk hammers away at conservative commentary. The piece I … Continue reading