about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- No Suffocation
- Mutuae Relationes 44: A Local Bishop’s Authority
- DPPL 234: Celebration of the Eucharist
- On My Bookshelf: A Natural History of the Piano
- Mutuae Relationes 43: Too Tolerant?
- DPPL 233: Problems With A Saint’s Day
- Sex, Gender, and Such
- Mutuae Relationes 41-42: Innovations and Experiments
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Nehemiah 9:1-20, A Psalm of Memory
- Lenten Reflections: Arevakal
- 4,504,124 hits
Daily Archives: 17 August 2013
The young miss loves soccer. We follow happenings foreign and domestic, including the British Premier League, which opens today. I’m finishing up at the student leadership retreat, so over the lunch hour, my daughter and I have been texting back … Continue reading
In chapter one, we’ve moved from an introductory section (RS 14-18) into a subheading that focuses on “The Diocesan Bishop, High Priest of his Flock.” These seven sections (19-25) are heavily footnoted (22 citations) and we’ll begin with an affirmation of … Continue reading