Liturgical Accessory: What Is It?

archb thing

What is it?

Can any reader identify for what this is used? Bonus points if you have a name for it.

About catholicsensibility

Todd lives in Minnesota, serving a Catholic parish as a lay minister.
This entry was posted in Liturgy. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Liturgical Accessory: What Is It?

  1. John D beat me to it. Don’t know of an official name but how about Crook Nook?

  2. Liam says:

    Crosier stand. Did your vimps wear gloves, too?

  3. Todd says:

    No gloves.

    I confess I had never seen a crozier stand before. When the Kansas City bishops came to my last parish, they had servers assigned to hold miter and crozier.

  4. Mark says:

    It appears to be a stand to hold the processional cross or crucifix.

  5. Katherine says:

    Interesting — my bishop’s crosier stand (I don’t know that there is another name for it) is simpler, and breaks down into pieces that fit into a case a bit bigger than a large briefcase. This one looks like it folds down, but would still be a bit awkward to move. Does it have a carrying handle?

    Ordinarily servers do hold the miter and crosier, but if a parish doesn’t come up with enough of them for a liturgy, or if they are all young/small (so holding the crosier through the Eucharistic Prayer/communion rite would be hard) the stand is very helpful.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s