about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- No Suffocation
- Mutuae Relationes 44: A Local Bishop’s Authority
- DPPL 234: Celebration of the Eucharist
- On My Bookshelf: A Natural History of the Piano
- Mutuae Relationes 43: Too Tolerant?
- DPPL 233: Problems With A Saint’s Day
- Sex, Gender, and Such
- Mutuae Relationes 41-42: Innovations and Experiments
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Nehemiah 9:1-20, A Psalm of Memory
- Lenten Reflections: Arevakal
- 4,505,246 hits
Daily Archives: 12 December 2013
Pope Pius XII continues in Mediator Dei with the importance of the centrality of Rome for making substantial changes in liturgy: 65. In every measure taken, then, let proper contact with the ecclesiastical hierarchy be maintained. Let no one arrogate to … Continue reading
Jesus doesn’t seem to be faring well in my Christmas listening this week. One song out of eight today. I think it was some contemporary CW song. I didn’t catch the whole thing, but I heard “Jesus” and “prayer” clearly enough. You … Continue reading