Most retirees downsize living space. Not so the Archbishop of Newark. Church management consultant Charles Zech:
Archbishop Myers obviously is not paying any attention to the pope. This is extreme, way beyond what you’d expect to happen. I can’t believe the parishioners of Newark are going to allow this to happen.
From the RNS article, a description of the building addition:
- a large first-floor study and a smaller, attached library.
- a bedroom and sitting room — matching the footprint of the first-floor layout — are planned for the second floor.
- a 28-foot by 28-foot gallery with sweeping views of the property.
- a fireplace on each level.
- a single-story “wellness room” will connect the main house and the addition.
- a hot tub and a 14-foot by 7-foot Endless Pool, a brand of exercise pool. The pool’s jets provide a current, allowing one to swim in place.
What to think?