about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- No Suffocation
- Mutuae Relationes 44: A Local Bishop’s Authority
- DPPL 234: Celebration of the Eucharist
- On My Bookshelf: A Natural History of the Piano
- Mutuae Relationes 43: Too Tolerant?
- DPPL 233: Problems With A Saint’s Day
- Sex, Gender, and Such
- Mutuae Relationes 41-42: Innovations and Experiments
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Nehemiah 9:1-20, A Psalm of Memory
- Lenten Reflections: Arevakal
- 4,505,482 hits
Daily Archives: 18 May 2014
Today, let’s continue on the theme presented by Saint John Paul to open Chapter Four, joy. Joy is more than a Sunday thing. A leisure thing. Something we do when there’s no reason to frown: 57. Therefore, if we wish … Continue reading
In today’s post on Evangelii Gaudium Pope Francis begins a conversation on “The Social Dimension of Evangelization” with the beginning of Chapter Four. This will be the longest chapter of the document. 176. To evangelize is to make the kingdom of … Continue reading