Chuck Berry wrote it. The Beatles recorded it. But my exposure to the ELO cover in the 70’s sticks in my mind. My brother was really big into this band. I heard they blew the roof off with their concert rendition of it in the classic rock days. Here’s a smoother live version from 2001 I also like. Some music is just too much fun.
about Todd FlowerdayA Roman Catholic lay person, married (since 1996), with one adopted child (since 2001). I serve in worship and spiritual life in a midwestern university parish.
about John Donaghy
John is a lay missionary since 2007 with a parish in western Honduras. Before that he served in campus ministry and social justice ministry in Iowa. His ministry blog is http://hermanojuancito.blogspot.com
He also blogs reflections on the lectionary and saints/heroes/events of the date at http://walktheway.wordpress.com
He'll be a long-term contributor here analyzing the Latin American bishops' document from their 2007 Aparecida Conference.
Vatican II pages
- Cardinal Burke (and LSN) on Liturgy
- The Armchair Liturgist: Passion Postures
- DPPL 262: A Shrine Defined
- Reconciliation Lectionary: Isaiah 53:4-6
- Schizophrenic Psalm
- DPPL 261: Shrines and Pilgrimages
- The Armchair Liturgist: Veil Or Not
- DPPL 260: Various Popular Devotions to the Dead
- The Armchair Liturgist: Cuing Passion Responses
- 4,657,132 hits