Pluto may be demoted from planethood, but I still call it a world. Its major moon Charon is large enough to tug significantly on the pinkish body. Technically, both Pluto and Charon orbit an empty space some miles above the surface of Pluto. If these were planets, they would fit the definition of a double planet.
about this site
Catholic Sensibility is a personal blog by a Catholic layperson with comments and occasional other writings by Catholics and non-Catholics. We make no particular claims to have the completeness of a Roman Catholic expression of Christianity. It contains opinion, interpretation, and personal musings. That’s it. Nothing official or authoritatively connected to the Magisterium.
- On The Tube: Night Sky
- GCSPD 12-14: Baptism, part 2
- Praedicate Evangelium 90-94: Aspects of Sacramental Discipline and Liturgical Life
- Membership Privileges Revoked
- GCSPD 9-11: Baptism, part 1
- Gather IV Review: Ascension and Pentecost
- Praedicate Evangelium 88-89: Purpose of the DDWDS
- GCSPD 4-8: General Principles, Part 2
- Praedicate Evangelium on Liturgy
Vatican II pages
- 11,020,621 hits