At PrayTell, John Swencki asked about a Jubilee of Mercy connection on the church labor front:
I would be interested in knowing what parish staffs and diocesan/chancery staffs are doing amongst each other to model mercy and compassion:
- are parish staffs going to be more mutual supportive of each other and the pastor;
- the treatment of retired clergy and religious;
- outreach to parishioners whose parishes have been closed (perhaps rescinding the closure?);
- the return to full ministry of falsely accused priests who have been sidelined;
- review of just wages (that are sought and given);
- an extra hour given each week to the preparation of homilies;
- parish office hours that accommodate working people;
- availability & visibility of bishops;
- everybody smiles more.
Do something that actually gets noticed and has a positive, practical impact.
One, two, five, six, and why not seven. Eight and nine, too.