I enjoy the creative mix of instruments and voices a bit more than I enjoy early choral music, even polyphony. I’m more of an instrument musician, so I suppose I listen for textures that include winds and strings. And the combination of plucking/strumming and bowing the latter. Instruments in music, even sacred music, do more than accompany. They also communicate in a language without words, and perhaps that is the root of some of the distrust.
- Aparecida 324-325: Demands of Community Life, Inculturation
- Mile-High … Marriage?
- Aparecida 323: Seminary Curriculum
- Aparecida 322: Healthy Freedom
- Pope Francis’ Accusation
- Aparecida 321: Formation Toward Maturity
- William Lombardy
- Aparecida 320: Taking Mary Into One’s Home
- Aparecida 319: Comprehensive Formation
- Aparecida 318: Countering Negative Influences
Vatican II pages
- 8,541,259 hits