Installment #4 of significant movie experiences. I know the filmmaker has a tarnished rep in many eyes. I liked the depiction of dysfunctional relationships, of which there are many. Alcohol was a raging demon in my extended family, and even those of us who escaped the bottle’s grip were touched–slapped and assaulted, really–in other ways.
about this site
Catholic Sensibility is a personal blog by a Catholic layperson with comments and occasional other writings by Catholics and non-Catholics. We make no particular claims to have the completeness of a Roman Catholic expression of Christianity. It contains opinion, interpretation, and personal musings. That’s it. Nothing official or authoritatively connected to the Magisterium.
- Cardinal Pell, Lightning Rod
- Via Pulchritudinis: From Creation to Re-creation
- Reconciliatio et Paenitentia 3: Longing for Reconciliation
- Funeral Lectionary: Psalm 119 XIX
- Via Pulchritudinis: Marvel at the Beauty of Creation
- Reconciliatio et Paenitentia 2: A Shattered World, Part 2
- Via Pulchritudinis: The Beauty of Creation
- Different, Not Outside
- Reconciliatio et Paenitentia 2: A Shattered World, Part 1
- Via Pulchritudinis: The Ways of Beauty
Vatican II pages
- 10,727,403 hits