He is credited with helping the Vatican’s softened stance on a sun-centered solar system. He also had an engineer’s mind, being part of a team to keep the dome of St Peter’s intact in the mid-18th century.
about this site
Catholic Sensibility is a personal blog by a Catholic layperson with comments and occasional other writings by Catholics and non-Catholics. We make no particular claims to have the completeness of a Roman Catholic expression of Christianity. It contains opinion, interpretation, and personal musings. That’s it. Nothing official or authoritatively connected to the Magisterium.
- Sacramentum Caritatis 19: First Eucharist
- On Inclusivity and Love
- Sacramentum Caritatis 18: Ordering the Initiation Sacraments
- The Latest on FP
- Sacramentum Caritatis 17: The Eucharist and Christian Initiation
- The Armchair Liturgist: Candlemas
- Sacramentum Caritatis 16: Sacramentality
- Funeral Lectionary: Isaiah 40:1-11
- Sacramentum Caritatis 15: The Eucharist and Ecclesial Communion
- My Second Bishop
Vatican II pages
- 11,270,695 hits